Quite expensive – c£19k –
Currently 3rd best business school in Europe (LSE and HEC Paris numbers 1 & 2).
- BBA – Bachelor Business Admin – 4 year degree – all in English no need to speak Spanish – 2 foreign languages inc Spanish and then choice of French or German – exchange programme 6 months in a university – e.g.US, Canada, Europe (end of 3rd year, beginning of 4th year)
- Compulsory internship in Spain or abroad
- Mandarin possible
- 85% internationals
- Entry requirements – IB no need to certificate in English, whereas in French or Swiss you need IELTS (7) or Cambridge Advanced. TOEFL – 100/120
- Admissions opens 1st October until 30th June but do before March or April!
- Submit application via website, then pass admissions test (2 alternatives – do own admissions test at ESADE or SAT and send results) – Reading, writing, mathematical, logical tests – no calculator.
- 3 Open Days – always on Saturday – can do test on one of those days.
- 1st at end of November, 2nd at end of January, 3rd at end of March
- Always a good idea to visit.
- Transcript – 4 years
- No interview usually unless some inconsistency
- Only 80 students accepted in English section – quite new. Will probably rise next year. Increasingly international.
- Already 23 nations represented.
Warm greetings from the University of Southampton. I hope this note finds you well.
Some of the key features are:
- Top 20 UK University, in the top 1% of Universities worldwide
- Part of the prestigious Russell Group
- Campus based University located in the beautiful City of Southampton on the south coast of England just over one hour from London
- Excellent career support – with dedicated Placement Advisers, careers fairs, year round employability events
- All Southampton Business School undergraduate courses come with an option of a sandwich year paid work placement
- Friendly, welcoming and supportive University and city to International Students with lots of diversity (over 135 nationalities represented!)
- Excellent Accommodation provision – guaranteed for up to two years for all international students
- Over 200 clubs and societies for extracurricular activities and a very lively and active student union with its own huge sport centre with full size swimming pool, cinema, art gallery, theatre and social space all on campus!
- International Merit Scholarships of up to £3000 per year every year of the course for the highest academic achievers – details here
I have included links to the 2015 undergraduate prospectus and also the Southampton Business School undergraduate brochure with details on entry requirements and application procedures in my signature below. I would be grateful if you could save these to file and share them with interested students and parents.
As business and society changes, so too must business educators adapt the ways they prepare graduates to be active employees, managers, entrepreneurs and citizens.
The School of Business and Management at Queen Mary University of London is proud to introduce two new degree programmes designed to meet the needs of future decision-makers in the fields of Accounting and Marketing. We would like to reintroduce you to the school and our three undergraduate programmes.
We have historically offered just one undergraduate degree course in BSc Business Management, which contains a wide choice of options that allow students to tailor the degree to suit their interests. The new BSc Accounting and Management and BSc Marketing and Management take a more structured approach with an increase in compulsory modules, some of which have been written specifically for each pathway, to ensure graduates have the requisite skills and knowledge for a jumpstart into these professions.
Active participants in economy and society require an understanding of the technical issues and practices of business, with an awareness of the potential impact of business activities. Our graduates leave with a nuanced understanding of the tension and debates surrounding businesses’ role in society, along with the technical abilities to work confidently with complexity and uncertainty. However professionally minded, we pride ourselves in being ‘not just another business school’. We have embedded this ethos through our courses, through our recruitment of an eclectic group of academics and most importantly through attracting the best and brightest students who want more than just the acquisition of technical skills. This continues to ensure that the School of Business and Management enjoys a thriving intellectual and social atmosphere.
The School of Business and Management’s mission is one that emphasises the symbiotic relationship between business and society, which is also about life inside and outside the lecture theatre. For example, our current students are playing active roles in social enterprises that include framing and implementing marketing strategies, mentoring children from economically disadvantaged households and learning first-hand how business and society interact. Studying at Queen Mary offers a myriad of opportunities for personal academic and professional development in a richly diverse environment.
Please follow the link above to our new Undergraduate Degree e-brochure. If you would like more information about our programmes, please contact James Boote at email@example.com
With best wishes
Professor Martin Laffin
Head of the School of Business and Management
Queen Mary University of London
A quick flick through the prospectus reveals specialisms in the following areas –
Biology and Bio-medical Science
Design, Business, Marketing and Finance.