|Can’t see the graphics? Try the web version.|
Montréal – French & English.
Concordia – 5k courses. 46k students. Levels similar in the various universities.
7 universities in Montréal – Montréal, McGill, Québec à Montréal, Concordia…
Lots of experiential programs.
Arts & Science…biggest Fine Arts in Canada. Biggest film festival in Canada. Journalism etc.
Big engineering & computer science…gaming industry. John Molson School of Business. Can take a real mix of classes.
Applications – March 1st or March 15th application deadline.
Concordia – have to put them in order of preference – 27 points. Business 28.
Average class size 32 in 1st year – then it reduces. If French citizen, c $13k per year. Otherwise 20-25k $.
Bishop’s – various choices. 26 points. 4 in Maturité.
- Very straight-forward application process. Student Profile Form.
- Most important factor is the grades.
- Guelph looks to accept as many students as possible with good drades
- Canadian residents – fees.
- International fees – yellow rectangle – p16 at back of international brochure
- Scholarships available – merit-based, 5-8k. Needs-based also.
- c18k to 23k. Most costly – engineering, computing, commerce.
- Working on campus is easily-available. Part-time work possible – 15-20 hours per week.
- Or work with a company relevant to the degree.
- 3 years residency possible after graduating.
- Minimum IB 28. For Engineering, minimum of 30. Maths studies not accepted for any programme which mentions maths.
- French Bac 12 out of 20.
- English Proficiency – IELTs or TOEFL.
- Can apply through www.OUAC.ca $144or direct apply p13 in brochure.
- Deadline is March 1st. Accept documents up until May 1st. After this time, not enough time for student visa.
- 51 years old. Originally 3 colleges which amalgamated.
- 1 of best for agriculture, sciences and environmental sciences.
- Over 900 international students on campus. Veterinary college also. 2 years of undergrad, then can apply for doc of vet medicine. Then can start in final year undergrad.
- Animal science undergrad.
- 1 hour from Toronto – biggest city in Canada. 5 hours from Ottawa. Western University, McMaster University.
- 2 campuses. Vet technologist programmes. Guelph-Humber programme.
- Small city – 121k inhabitants. Farms, cows but also theatres, shopping malls. Good public transportation.
- ONe of the safest cities in Canada.
- 1st year housing guaranteed.
- 3 residential regions. 1800, East residence – appartment, North – trad type
- 18k undergrads.
- 1-23 ratio in63% of classes. Get smaller after 1st year.
- Smaller seminars for deeper study.
- 2k graduate students.
- Residency can be on basis of interest, academic major.
- Intramural programme for students who don’t have the sport level for Varsity Sports – various levels
- Guelph students enjoy their time there and stay! All professors have phDs and 90% of graduates find jobs after graduation.
- Coop options – direct application into the programme. If don’t get in, considered for that programme anyway.
- 56 exchange programs in 30 countries
- Co-operative Education – practical application of classroom learning. Competitive programme. – work experience and earn good money at the same time.
- Bachelor of Science – e.g. Bio-Medical Science. Marine and Freshwater Biology. (Only offered by Guelph, UBC and Novia Scotia)
- Guelph-Humber – smaller, smaller class-sizes – combination of uni education with college in Canada- more practical, vocational degree. Media Studies, Business Administration, Applied Science. 2 credentials.
- IELTS 6.5
15th January – McGill – students send their own bulletins.
31st January – British Columbia – see http://you.ubc.ca/admissions/how-to-apply/
1st February – Concordia – see https://www.concordia.ca/admissions/undergraduate/application-deadlines.html
1st April – Bishop’s – see https://www.gobishops.ca/bishops/admission/admission.ezc