- Enough 7s in Maths to realistically ask for it (Oxford). UCL – 7s in HL Maths.
- How much weight do Oxford tests take in relation to predicted grades? Econ and Mgt was trying to interview too many people in relation to number of places. Hence the tests. Only common bit of the application.
- Is it worth offering IB certificates in addition to A-levels? Oxford view – works well as integrated diploma. Must be clear why it was worth doing.
- Do UK unis value diversity? Oxford purely looking at academics – some students will do more, others will cope only with the subject. KEY DIFFERENCE WITH IVY LEAGUES.
- UCL may accept 18 at HL instead of individual marks.
– More places now for top students, lots of competition between institutions
– Guardian rankings are based on quality of teaching
– Look at National Student Survey
– Demographics – student numbers on way down
– Birmingham has started unconditional offers – Nottingham and Reading too
– You can apply through Clearing after you have your results
– IB is trusted as no grade inflation and inter-disciplinary – lower offers at UEA and timing of results is good.
– UCAS is considering ranking schools by accuracy of result prediction
– UK -unis like info on school in opening paragraph to set the context
– NEGOTIATE if offers too high…
– Summer schools at UEA