- 2013 St Gallen – have to do GMAT – English language – economics. Graduate management test needed.
- Lucerne – Uni of Applied Sciences – Management – English (Hochschule) – need IB. 1 year work experience needed. Art & Business mgt programmes.
- Lugano – IT programme.
- Webster, Franklin.
- Luzern – 1 yr experience needed usually – DCT. Reciprocal arrangement with Massachusets. Accredited etc.
- Lausanne – Hochschule, in French – subsidiary of university.
- Thunderbirds – Phoenix Business – branched out over world – Geneva.
- Liberal Arts – Webster campuses, American Uni in Paris.
In the UK, medical schools want you to have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology and have good results in these subjects – preferably externally assessed.
You MUST have work experience in the caring professions, but for Oxbridge more than this is needed – perhaps medical research at a university. A gap year may well be needed.
There are lots of places in Europe to study Medicine (for example the Netherlands), but understand that after the 1st 3 years in English, the tuition switches to the language of the country!
A colleague from a Swiss international school has been researching the availability of Medicine – here are her findings.
Entrance tests can be quite difficult. Fluency in the country’s language will be required sooner or later to treat the locals! Although practical work can be possibly done elsewhere.
Charles University, Prague – 5 months in English pre-med course. Can practise in the EU.
Royal College Surgeons Bahrain – link to Ireland.
In the Netherlands:
In Czech Republic:
Here is an email I recently received..
The Summer Scholars Program is filling up quickly! To ensure your students don’t miss this summer opportunity, direct them to apply online now at: http://www.summerprogram.isi.ubc.ca/apply-now/
What is the Summer Scholars Program?
During the Summer Scholars Program, your students will:
- explore environmental science and tackle the hot topics of sustainability
- study with top professors and leaders in the field
- experience one of the world’s leading universities
- discover the inspiring outdoors of the Okanagan Valley
This program runs from July 15 to 28, 2012.
What does the program offer?
The Summer Scholars Program is a non-credit course that will give students a solid foundation in sustainability and the science behind environmental issues.
Your students will be guided through field research by experts, and gain valuable hands-on experience while they:
- complete a final study project, perfect for their college applications
- participate in a fully supervised program of classes, field trips, and recreational activities
- explore Canada and meet students from around the world
Are your students eligible?
The program is open to students between 16 and 18 years of age, entering one of their final two years of recognized high-school study.
There are no pre-requisites for entry, but students must be in good academic standing and will be asked to provide a transcript.
To learn more, and to apply online, visit the Summer Scholars Program website.
UBC is consistently ranked among the world’s top 40 universities, and is internationally recognized as a model for the understanding and practice of sustainability.
UBC’s Okanagan campus offers outstanding new facilities for research and teaching. It is located in the friendly city of Kelowna, in one of Canada’s foremost recreational regions: the Okanagan Valley.
We look forward to welcoming your students to UBC’s Okanagan campus this summer.