We are very excited to share with you the newest University in our portfolio of summer programs for high school students – The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, the world’s first and finest business school.
Wharton Global Youth Programs are the official Wharton residential summer programs for students completing grades 9, 10 and 11. The programs, led by Wharton faculty and instructional staff, explore topics that align with Wharton research and teaching. Your high-academic achieving students have the opportunity to experience Wharton’s rigorous business education, while engaging with their global peers.
Program options include:
- Essentials of Entrepreneurship (formerly the Global Young Leaders Academy) is an intensive two-week experience that looks at the key elements of what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
- Essentials of Finance (formerly the Global Young Leaders Academy) is an intensive two-week experience that explores all aspects if finance – from the time value of money and corporate finance, to ethics and decision-making.
- Leadership in the Business World is a four-week flagship Wharton program designed to give students the opportunity to learn about all facets of business, plus leadership in 21st century business organizations.
- Management & Technology Summer Institute is a three-week for-credit summer program for students completing 10th and 11th grade who want to learn how to bring together technological concepts and management principles. The Institute features classes taught by leading Wharton faculty, Penn Engineering faculty and successful entrepreneurs, as well as lab experience, field trips, and intensive team projects.
- Sports Business Academy is a three-week program of the Wharton Sports Business Initiative (WSBI), that provides an opportunity for talented high school students completing 10th and 11th grade the opportunity to study sports business leadership. This program will examine how various academic disciplines, such as management, law, negotiation, marketing, and leadership, apply to the sports industry with an overview of the business and legal aspects of various intercollegiate, Olympic, and professional sports enterprises.
- Moneyball Academy is a three-week program that provides an opportunity for talented high school students completing 10th and 11th grade to study sports data analytics. This program focuses on using data to make deep discoveries in sports with a focus on becoming a data-driven decision maker. Instruction will focus on the fundamentals of statistical thinking, real applications employed by statistics professionals in sports analytics, and an introduction to statistical programming languages. Students applying to this program should have strong math skills and interest in sports.
- Moneyball Academy Training Camp is a one-week introductory sports analytics program that provides a thorough investigation of, and an introduction to, statistics and computing in the context of sports.
- Data Science Academy is a three-week program that introduces students to the state-of-the-art machine learning and data science tools integral to the fast-moving field of data analytics.
More information about each of The Wharton School summer programs can be found here: https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/global-youth-program/summer-high-school-programs/. The application opens November 1, 2019, and please note that students must complete the application themselves. Admission is highly competitive, and the program content is rigorous and academically challenging.
For more information and to inquire if these programs are a good fit for your students, please feel free to contact Halley Campbell or Susan Kornick, Wharton Specialists. We plan to offer a webinar to take a more in depth look at the high school summer program opportunities at The Wharton School, and review the application process and requirements soon. Please look for an email from us in the near future with specific dates and times.
Relationship Manager – Schools and Associations
Email: email@example.com / Phone: +1 516-414-5524
Relationship Manager – Educational Consultants and Advisors
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +1 516-414-5556